DISCOVER THE SPLENDOUR OF SEVILLE
10 OF THE BEST MUST-TRY RIVER BOAT TRIPS, CRUISES AND WATER ACTIVITIES
This article about river boat trips in Seville was last updated on May 15, 2023.
Looking for the top cruises or river boat trips in Seville? I have the best 10 and the most popular Guadalquivir River cruises and boat trips here for you. Take a look.
Amidst the tolling bells of the Giralda, the vibrant vibes and the historic monuments, cruises and river boat trips in Seville on the historic Guadalquivir River offer a tranquil experience of the city.
Seville is the capital city of Andalusia in Southern Spain with glorious blue skies and Mediterranean sunshine, attracting visitors all year round. Cruises and river boat trips in Seville are popular activities alongside visiting the historic Mudejar palace and the largest Gothic cathedral.
Seville offers several boat rides and cruises that allow visitors to explore the city from a unique perspective. The Guadalquivir River flows through Seville, and these boat tours and cruises provide a relaxing and scenic way to admire the city’s landmarks and enjoy the city’s charm from the waters of the historic river. From sightseeing cruises and river boat tours to romantic dinner cruises and private boat hire, Seville has them all for you.
To choose which is the best among so many can be a task and a half. I know it well. I had to do lots of searches over a few days for my trip to Seville in the autumn. To save you time, I have compiled 10 of the very best river boat trips in Seville and water activities for you. This selection covers a range of cruises, boat trips and water activities, offering you the best opportunity for a timeless experience.
- What are the best Guadalquivir River boat trips to book? AND How you can book these Water Activities in Seville;
- About the Guadalquivir River, Seville;
- Highlights and landmarks that you see along Quadalquivir River during your boat trip;
- Links to related articles about Seville.
THE BEST GUADALQUIVIR RIVER BOAT TRIPS, CRUISES AND WATER ACTIVITIES IN SEVILLE
Cruises and river boat trips in Seville can last anything from one hour to three hours. Your experiences will ultimately depend on which tour you opt for.
TIP 1: As a guide, if you are looking for a quick tour that details the ins and outs of the city with an illuminating live commentary, then the one-hour river cruise is the one to go for.
TIP 2: If you have more time, then opt for the yacht cruise where you can move between the upper and lower deck, relax in the tranquility of the Guadalquivir River, enjoy some music along with brunch or dinner.
PRO TIP 3: Opt for tours that include a boat trip along with sightseeing options.
**Prices quoted are as at May 2023
**Immediate confirmation at time of booking with digital downloadable ticket.
EXCLUSIVE YACHT CRUISE
LUNCH OR DINNER
Sail through the Guadalquivir River; 6-course tasting menu + dessert; typical drinks
- Small group;
- Spacious, living room, upper terrace with sofas, and lower deck;
- Italian designed bar;
- Includes 6-course meal + drinks.
- 2 Hours.
MORNING OR EVENING
- 20-metre long yacht, 2 lounges, bar, and an upper terrace;
- Small group;
- Tour includes appetizer and drink (if option selected);
- Tour includes a drink;
- 1.5 Hour
YACHT TOUR WITH FOOD & DRINKS OPTIONS
- Small group;
- Welcome drink; Upper or Lower Deck;
- Select either 1.5 or 2-hour cruise;
- Food and Drinks are optional, select to suit.
- Bar service & Music.
ECO-CRUISE BY THE GUADALQUIVIR RIVER
- Guided, Live Commentary;
- Optional audio guide
- 1 Hour.
RIVER BOAT TRIP WITH TAPAS AND DRINKS
An ideal short cruise to learn the history and art, and see the monuments of Seville from a new perspective.
- Small group;
- Tapas and 1 drink;
- Music and WiFi;
- 1 hour.
GUADALQUIVIR RIVER CRUISE
AT A SPECIFIC TIME INDICATED ON YOUR TICKET
- Audio guide;
- 1 hour boat ride.
1-HOUR CITY RIVER CRUISE FROM TORRE DEL ORO
- Panoramic views of Seville, iconic landmarks and bridges;
- Audio guides included;
TRIANA WALKING TOUR + ECO CRUISE
Discover the fascinating neighbourhood of Triana on a walking tour and, afterwards cruise in a silent eco-friendly boat.
- Guided walking tour;
- Boat ride, open ticket from 11:00 to 19:00;
- 3 hours.
PRIVATE WALKING TOUR OF THE HISTORIC CENTRE + RIVER BOAT CRUISE
- Guided tour of the Santa Cruz neighbourhood;
- I-hour river cruise (not a private cruise);
- 2.5 to 3 hours.
ABOUT THE GUADALQUIVIR RIVER
The Guadalquivir River is one of the most important rivers in Spain, flowing through the Andalusian region. With a length of approximately 657 kilometers (408 miles), it is the second longest river in the country. The river originates in the Sierra de Cazorla mountains in eastern Spain and empties into the Gulf of Cádiz in the Atlantic Ocean. The Guadalquivir River has played a significant role in the history, culture, and development of the region. Historically, the Guadalquivir River has been a crucial waterway for trade and transportation. It served as a gateway for maritime commerce, linking the interior of Andalusia with the coast.
During the Roman Empire, the river was navigable up to the city of Hispalis (present-day Seville), making it an essential trade route for the Roman province of Hispania Baetica.
In the Middle Ages, Seville became a thriving port, facilitating the exchange of goods between Europe and the Americas after the discovery of the New World. This led to the city’s remarkable economic growth and cultural influence during the Age of Discovery.
Today, the Guadalquivir River remains a significant waterway for trade, tourism, and recreational activities, contributing to the vitality of the Andalusian region.
WHAT DO YOU SEE ON A SEVILLE BOAT CRUISE ALONG THE GUADALQUIVIR RIVER
Cruises and river boat trips in Seville along the Guadalquivir River are moments to relax in the tranquility of the river and to have a different perspective of the iconic landmarks and historical monuments. Along with illuminating commentary, and option to purchase refreshments, river boat trips in Seville is an opportunity to unravel the rich legacy of the city from a totally different perspective as you cruise pass the stunning architecture and buildings dotted along the banks of the Guadalquivir River.
Depending on the tour you select, a Seville river cruise will typically involve seeing some of the following remarkable sights:
The historic Triana Bridge
Triana Bridge, otherwise known as Isabel II Bridge is an ancient bridge that connects both sides of Seville – the historic Seville to its delinquent cousin across the river, Triana.
Read: Triana Neighbourhood | Best Guide to Where to Stay, Eat and Explore
Torre del Oro
Torre del Oro or the Gold Tower has its origins in the 13th century. The Gold Tower has been many things over the centuries, from a prison in the Middle Ages, Gate to the City during the Age of Discovery and presently a Naval Museum. On river boat trips in Seville, you can see it glow from the waters of Guadalquivir River, a medieval tower amidst modern life.
Typical of Spanish architecture that embraces bold and rich details along with white-washed exterior, Real Maestranza is one of the most famous bullfighting venues in Spain.
Other highlights include:
- Plaza de España
- San Telmo Palace
- Old Tobacco Factory
- Isla de la Cartuja
- Monastery of Cartuja
- Castle of San Jorge
Links to Related Articles
- The Ultimate Travel Guide to Seville, Spain;
- The Mystical Secret Baths of Maria de Padilla, Seville, Spain;
- Plaza Espana: An Absurdly Wondrous Square, Seville;
- The Serene Patio de los Naranjos, Seville;
- 11 Best Quotes about Seville to Inspire a Visit;
- 10 Best River Boat Trips in Seville and Water Activities;
- The Real Alcazar of Seville: Best 22 Unmissable Highlights;
- Guided Tour of Seville Cathedral and Giralda Tower;
- Triana, Seville: A Comprehensive Guide to Where to Stay, Places to Eat & Best Things to do;
- Best Tip for Priority Visit to Royal Alcazar, Seville;
- The Noble Torre del Oro, Seville;
- Best Tips for the Alcazar and Cathedral + Giralda, Seville;
- Barrio Santa Cruz: Best Guide to Where to Stay, Places to Eat and Best Things to do;
- A Fun Evening of Tapas in Seville;
- The Captivating Courtyard of Maidens at Royal Alcazar, Seville;
- The Hall of Ambassadors at Royal Alcazar, Seville;
- The Giralda Tower: 5 Masterfestures across Civilisation to Look Out for on Your Visit;
- Metropole Parasol: A Gigantic Cosy Oasis;
- The Enchanting Mercury Pond at Royal Alcazar, Seville;
- The Rich Gothis Palace at Royal Alcazar, Seville;
- The Majestic Seville Cathedral: A visitor’s Guide to the Largest Gothic Cathedral;
- The Remarkable Antiquarium Room in Old Seville;
- 4 Very Best Tapas Tours in Seville;
- The Bohemian Seville: Top Places to Stay, Where to Eat and Best Places to Explore;
- Seville Cathedral + Giralda Fast Track Entry;
- One day in Montserrat from Barcelona;
- Visiting Barcelona in Winter: Very Best Things to do in the Sun City;
- 98 Epic Captions and Quotes about Barcelona;
OUR BEST SELLING ACTIVITIES FOR SEVILLE
1 | For an all-round experience of the sultry city, opt for a food walking tour
2 | Buy a combo ticket to visit the Royal Alcazar, Seville Cathedral + Giralda.
3 | Enjoy timeless experiences on the Guadalquivir River.